The financing project plays a key role in the realisation of major public works.
The contractor selection procedures and negotiations of the design, economic, financial and legal aspects with the Licensor involve the setting up of complex relations with the public and private operators involved in the construction and management of the works concerned.
The success of a project financing operation is based not only on the technical and business capacities of the designers, constructor and works manager, but also on carefully coordinated specialist economic, financial and legal skills which govern the complex approval and financing processes, whose main phases regard:
- the drafting of the economic and financial plan and the complete management of the relations with the certifying bank
- the drafting of the risk matrix, quantification of the options offered to the Licensor and sensitivity analysis
- the drafting of the draft concession document and related negotiations with the granting administration
- the drafting of calls for tenders and quantification of the assessment parameters
- legal support in the relations with the granting body up to the time of signature of the agreement
- legal, economic and financial assistance for the management of the internal relations within the structures of the proposer, promoter and contractor
- legal and financial assistance with the negotiation and taking on of special purpose vehicle debts
- search for industrial and financial partners
- assistance in the relations with the granting administration during the concession period
- Cortellazzo&Soatto has developed specific, consolidated experience in economic, financial and legal consultancy services for groups of companies involved in major public works, and offers advisory and assistance services to public administrative bodies in the drafting of feasibility studies, spatial and environmental plans (economic and financial part), or by taking part in the proposal assessment commissions.
With their acknowledged skills in these areas, the specialist professionals at Cortellazzo&Soatto also provide dedicated training to public entities and organisations.
We provide legal, tax, economic and financial assistance to public entities and companies in partial public ownership, with particular reference to the utilities sector.